Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wedding Dessert Trend: Mini Pies

Okay, so we all know how popular the cupcake has been over the last few years and I think it is time for a new dessert to take center stage at weddings. I just came across this concept tonight, and I am so in love I had to share: Mini Pies!


What makes mini pies superior to cupcakes you ask? 
1. They are fresh and unique. 
2. They would go great with a rustic or vintage theme.
3. Mini pies are perfect for summer weddings.
4. You can have multiple flavors to make all your guests happy. 
5. Mini Pies would be adorable favors for your guests. 


There are a couple of different kinds of mini-pies. One is exactly what you think: tiny little pies that look Ahhhmazingly delicious and adorable.


PieSisters.com
... and the other is hand pies. I came across a recipe for these and actually had to Google what a hand pie is. Basically, it is a pie which is all-enclosed and portable (think Hostess pies, but homemade and actually delicious). 


Side note: Here is the recipe I found for Blueberry Cream Cheese Hand Pies.

Foodista.com

I love that pie is a fresh take on wedding desserts and I hope this is a trend that takes off because I would love to go to a wedding which has pie, it sounds delicious! 


No comments: